The NEWS-SNO project currently consists of 10 teams working together from 5 countries.
If you are interested in joining the project, please contact Gilles Gerbier
QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY TEAM led by G. Gerbier, spokesperson
– Copper vessel and gas set-up specifications, calibration and project
– Gas characterization and laser calibration on small scale prototype.
– Simulations and data analysis.
INSTITUT DE RECHERCHE SUR LES LOIS FONDAMENTALES DE L’UNIVERS (IRFU)/CEA SACLAY TEAM led by I. Giomataris, co-spokesperson
– Sensor and rod (low activity, optimization with 2 electrodes).
– Electronics (low noise preamps, digitization, stream mode).
LABORATOIRE SOUTERRAIN DE MODANE (LSM)/IN2P3/UNIVERSITY OF CHAMBERY TEAM led by F. Piquemal
– Low activity archeological lead.
– Coordination for lead/PE shieldings and copper sphere.
ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI TEAM
led by I. Savvidis
– Simulations and neutron calibration.
– Sensor studies.
LABORATOIRE DE PHYSIQUE SUBATOMIQUE ET DE COSMOLOGIE (LPSC GRENOBLE) TEAM led by D. Santos
– Quenching factor measurements at low energy with ion beams.
PACIFIC NORTHWEST NATIONAL LABORATORY (PNNL) TEAM
led by E. Hoppe
– Low activity measurements.
– Copper electroforming.
– 37Ar source production, sample analysis.
SNOLAB TEAM led by P. Gorel
– Calibration system and slow control.
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM TEAM
led by K. Nikolopoulos
– Simulations, analysis and R&D.
Associated Member: TRIUMF TEAM led by F. Retiere
– Future R&D on light detection and sensor.